BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
The BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management (LM) is the latest version one of Australia’s leading leadership and management courses, formerly known as BSB42015 which was superseded in October 2020 by the BSB40520 which is the current nationally-accredited and recognised current version and it is ideal for any person needing to add management skills for their current role, or wanting to gain new skills, or those wishing to apply for a promotion,and those that want a new position that requires leadership and management skills and qualifications.
The ASLS BSB40520 Cert IV Leadership and management training course is designed to give students the additional learning and skills you need to drive your career forward and ahead of others, across a range of sectors!
What is the Certificate IV Leadership and Management?
The Certificate IV in Leadership and Management is a six day face-to-face course, which covers the responsibilities, skills and knowledge required to carry out the role of manager, supervisor, foreman, leading hand, team leader etc. They will have some responsibility for organising and monitoring the output of their team. This course is suitable for all industries.
It includes, but is not limited to covering the following:
- Communicating effectively
- Managing, supervising & controlling contractors
- Identifying hazards.
- Assessing the risks
- Determining risk management and control
- Identifying the need for management of change
- Deciding on, implementing or facilitating of actions and follow-up
- Being a Safety Leader
- Reviewing the implementation of action
- Completion of reports and records
- Leading teams effectively.
Who will benefit from this training?
This course and accompanying units of competency are appropriate for those working as manager, team leaders, supervisors, or those identified as foreman, leading hand at work sites within:
- Ports and Marine
- Retail Industry
- Water Supply Industry
- Interface and Utilities
- Facilities Management
- Surface or Underground Mining and Mineral Processes, Quarries etc.
- Manufacturing Industries
- Schools and Colleges
Nil. However to successfully complete this qualification it is necessary that you have:
- Extensive vocational work experience in the working environment
- Sound English literacy skills to read and comprehend information from a variety of sources and compile documents
- Communication skills to communicate effectively with people at all levels of an organisation
- Interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with people at all levels of an organisation
- Interpersonal skills to listen and question actively, e.g. when obtaining technical information
- Have knowledge of working practices and numeracy skills to sequence tasks and meet timelines
- Some technical literacy of activities and process is also desirable
- Ideally candidates will have access to a workplace or have experience of a workplace. In circumstances where this is not available, a workplace may be simulated.
National Units of Competency
The BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management qualification requires candidates to successfully complete 5 core units and 7 elective units, a total of 12 overall. The units listed below are those delivered in the 6-day face-to-face program by ASLS:
- BSBLDR411 Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
- BSBLDR413 Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBOPS402 Coordinate business operational plans
- BSBXCM401 Apply communication strategies in the workplace
- BSBXTW401 Lead and facilitate a team
- BSBSTR401 Promote innovation in team environments
- BSBLDR412 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- BSBLDR414 Lead team effectiveness
- BSBWHS411 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBSTR402 Implement continuous improvement
- BSBSUS411 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
How do I enrol?
You may request an enrolment pack if you call 1300 260 300 or email to email@example.com to discuss your requirements. An ASLS representative will answer any questions you may have and assist you in determining the best options for you.
The enrolment pack includes an email advising course requirements, dates and location, course brochure, participant handbook, enrolment form.
The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) states that the volume of learning / expected course duration of a Certificate IV qualification is typically six (6) months to twelve (12) months. ASLS’ BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management is delivered over 6 intensive days of face-to-face learning followed by supported self-directed learning, completed at your own pace. ASLS recommend that students ideally complete within 12 months following the face-to-face workshop, however, ASLS do not automatically apply cut off dates and request that you inform ASLS if you wish to extend your study period for any reason.
This time may be shortened if you have prior learning, credit transfers, or workplace experience in a related role. ASLS’s enrolment process involves discussing your current skills and knowledge with you and reviewing your workplace position description to determine an appropriate amount of training for you.
Assessment is based on in-class case studies, individual and collaborative group activities and written submissions. Candidates have twelve (12) months to complete further self-paced learning and submit their assessment items following the 6-day face-to-face course.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Candidates with relevant experience may be eligible to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Please contact ASLS to enrolment if you believe you are eligible to apply for RPL.
The Certificate IV in Leadership and Management is a nationally recognised training program under the Australian Qualifications Framework. Upon successful completion of all coursework, candidates will be issued the nationally recognised qualification, BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management.
This Training and Assessment is delivered under the auspices and in partnership arrangement on behalf of Health Security & Education Pty Ltd RTO 40907.
- Duration 6 days
- Delivery mode Face to Face
- Location Brisbane
- On Location Available
$1,450.00 (GST free)
Payment is required to secure your enrolment. A payment plan is available to approved applicants – please call to enquire.